My days as an Anti-Feminist are totally over :)



"Women invent rules, manipulate men to obey them, and in this way dominate men -- but in no way apply the rules to themselves. The `weaker' sex is not bound by honor, justice, or fairness. A woman's right to change her mind means her right to change the rules.....
"Esther Vilar, _The Manipulated Man "


A man who tells true things about women is considered misogynistic while a woman who slings sexist slurs at men is considered liberated. "Rod van Mechelen, Things that make you go, "hmmm"


For Some time now, those quotes mentioned above were some sort of my beliefs in life, I was too proud to call myself an Anti-Feminist, I mean seriously I could never see it any other way but this , the Feminism movement ! Till I was drastically exposed to a very delicate , artistic yet impressive and strong idea of an outstanding lady, Diala Khasawnih ; she's an inspiring artist with all the word can possibly hold meanings, she was a resident at "Makan-house of expression : Best destination as an open space to express, develop and freely speak up , That's Ola Al-Khaldi's -who is another amazing inspiration and influence- idea of opening Makan"





"Working on her project " First Bra boutique " that was the turning point for me...The exposure to Bras as a symbol of "LADIES" and getting to understand the ideas of intimacy, sensitivity and depth a lady holds with her bra was really overwhelming for me as a young man with Anti-Feminism tendencies !


The fragile, sacred bonds that's various between every lady and how she connects to her body, personality and sexuality made me deeply think and try to analyze how a woman feels... and in the end of the day i came to the conclusion that i was absolutely unfair and ignorant holding up to my oriental macho understandings towards females...


Diala's exhibit that is still running in Makan till the 4th of June is a collection of installations ( Bras, items , stories, experiences ) its really a must go through experience .


All in all, I'd like to highly recommend this exhibit for its psychological, emotional and social depths and thank Diala,Ola and everybody else who made this experience possible


Rafique Nasereddin

No comments:

Post a Comment