Uncertain Somberness - Celebrating Sadness


 In the Joint of action, singer Aziz Maraka resorts the sensation of uneasiness.A journey through the creeps of one’s mind… A photo-story of a haggard soul, a captured tear, lost by the momentum of it’s distraught. They pass us, they pass his, and they pass you! Moments of time, moments of hurt, moments of luster and pain. What saves us from our minds? What contributes to our sorrows? What dries our tears? 

We owe our desolated eyes an undramatic closure before they sleep! Hollow dreams haunt our minds in the darkest of times, leaving unapologetic references of sadness, and stepping out of self to look at it from a 3rd person perspective, only to step back in, and narrate a processed first person disjoining epiphany.


 

“to detach, I remove things from myself, off myself – detaching to remove things to keep distance from things, that rephrase pieces of me, us; thereof”



“Keep it in, I want you un-breathing, I want your life in – as you die on me, as I kiss big kisses, in droplets, where you would know, where I stand. Suckle. I want you to suckle on me, on life, on chocolate fantasies, to this.”


“It must know that I cannot live without it, for I am a man of obsessions. I drive myself into conditional contracts of passions, one sided passions, losing track of a moving train forward, for once my dad bought me a silver watch from a stone cladded shop, to the sound of chanting sheikhs, to the smell of chew – local mastic gum – and on my left hand I realized, I owned time.”
 

 
“I love them as they die, I love them as they – stand stiff – their pride and prejudice, they admit ego – they fall in love with virtual reflections of themselves, then die – but they need to be broken. They do. I need to get broken, come”



“I flirt with things, to change their units of measure. This is how we go about our heterogeneity – this is how we embellish our homogeneity. I fondle other units, mix and match – to mismatch – mismatches of senses, sensual absurdia, because we like it”




Photographs by Rafic Nasereddin
Directed by Kali. 
Worded and quoted by writer Raafat Majzoub‘s book ‘Fetish Systems‘; an autobiographical love letter of importance. 
Make-up: Walid Zou’bi. 
Digital art work: Atef Daglees. 
Behind the scenes video: Ala’a Abu Qasheh and Mustafa Rashed. 

Special thanks to ‘The Studio‘ downtown - Amman, for lending My.Kali the location.   


Behind The Scenes Video


No comments:

Post a Comment