But...What is love ?



What is love?  first thing that comes to my mind is to sing " baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me nomoreeee" in a very corny way. Then laugh about it.
I ask myself this question, Sing, Laugh at myself and then laugh about it.  This happens every now and then. But I was never able to answer this question? What is love? 

I am not going to sing or laugh about it now, joke is getting older. And so are we.  
In an ideal world love is the most spectacular, indescribable, deep euphoric feeling for someone. Love is an incredibly powerful thing. When you're in love, you always want to be together, and when you're not, you're thinking about being together because you need that person and without them your life is incomplete.
It's an emotion of affection and attachment, actions of compassion towards other humans, or could be just one's self

It's those butterflies in your stomach, when that person is the last thing you think about before you go to sleep, and the first thing you think about in the morning. You smile secretly when you look at your phone when you get a text message, when you look up to the sky and smile when you hear a cheesy love song on the radio. Love is like oxygen
"Love is a many splendid thing, love lefts us up where we belong, all you need is love, all you need is love, love is just a game!" back to corny singing damnit! This time it’s the elephant medley from Moulin Rouge. Satine said it, love is just a game!

Now am very confused, is it this awesome explosion of euphoria in your heart? Or is it really a game? Or is nature's way of tricking people into breeding? Or is it another lie for getting into someone's pants?
I would never know, because I've never been in love, and if I feel it might happen, I pull a Julia Roberts in Runaway bride. It might be a case of insecurity, anxiety problems. I don’t know. All I know is that I get freaked out when the thought of love is about to cross my personal life and touch me. Even though I love seeing people in love, I match make a lot, and I am the designated love doctor for most of my friends.

I think am a Philophobic person who is incapable of Romance and affection.
But deep inside, I truly wish that one day I will be able to understand what the *%*& Rumi was talking about in his great books, what made Adele so sad, what broke my bestfriend's heart, what made my sister move to another city? What is it that made my dad grief for years after mom's death?  Why did X turn into an alcoholic? Why did Y turn into a sex addict?  I really would like to know what is it?

XXXO


No comments:

Post a Comment