Bidruhi-Video installation -Shatana International Artist Workshop 2008










Hello again,



in this post you'll find the first step of this collaborative project of Md.Abu Naser Robii the participant from Bangladesh in Shatana and myself,



its a video installation about a very famous poem by the traditional Bangalee poet Kazi Nazrul Islam,



here is the video which was a part of Shatana's open day activities,along with the only reliable translation i found online provided by Wikipedia,am still running a research about this poem,poet,roots and avilable translations and i'll keep it updated here










The Bidruhi

By: Kazi Nazrul Islam

am the unutterable grief,

I am the trembling first touch of the virgin,

I am the throbbing tenderness of her first stolen kiss.

I am the fleeting glance of the veiled beloved,

I am her constant surreptitious gaze......

I am the burning volcano in the bosom of the earth,

I am the wild fire of the woods,

I am Hell's mad terrific sea of wrath!

I ride on the wings of lightning with joy and profundity,

I scatter misery and fear all around,I bring earth-quakes on this world! “(8th stanza)”

I am the rebel eternal,I raise my head beyond this world,High, ever erect and alone! “(Last stanza)”[8] (English translation by Kabir Choudhary)









No comments:

Post a Comment