Shatana International artist workshop 2008

















Traveling from Al-Hoson west through a vast deep quarry -probably one of the largest in Middle East – The road rises from this rocky moonscape into a very pleasant magical hilly area, suddenly you find yourself two steps away from in a small but beautiful, artistic peaceful village of Shatana surrounded by olive grooves



I got to this slot of heaven on earth like two weeks ago and I felt like I never want to go back to the noise of the Amman,
but here I am, back to Amman, infront of a screen again…thought I share this feeling

The scent of Oak trees, birds singing, intense feelings all together sort of knocks you down the moment you take your first walk around the narrow streets of this lovely place and leaves you with an urge to step up, love, and most of all fills you with creativity to just stand at the top of the mountain and scream out loud with whatever that’s on your mind, never caring about any rules, relgions, traditions whatsoever!

I do not know if it’s just me being deadly romantic or it’s really that this place has certain magic that’s seriously captivating?! It’s really funny how a person reacts to a certain existence, space or attribute, or it’s probably cause working its way around focusing at the emptiness you never knew its there in the fuzz of our crazy daily routine…like experiencing love-sickness, dislocation and

I have always believed in the power of Mother Nature, divine interventions and the level of spirituality a person connects to in such an atmosphere, much like a virgin being touched for the first time by a beloved yet it’s a platonic sensation ! * Irrelevant I know but this is how I feel, eh! *

And last but not least and one of the most important part of my staying here is the outstanding group am with…we haven’t known each other for so long but damn they feel like my family, the super sweet and genuine moments we spent together is just out of words, the love you feel in the air leaves you speechless! I have no idea how am to fit again in the artificial life of Amman !?!? well you all know how much I love Amman so this is why am speechless !

Anyhow…I’ll above some pictures of the open day (Which was the last day of the residency, Friday the 18th) it was an amazing day we had…The villagers, the visitors, the artists and the organizers were all one big family… for those who came thanks a lot, and those who did not I like to say “You missed a lot!!”

I’ll leave you with these pictures for now and in the next post you’ll see the video I made there with more information about it

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment